Laxa-T medicinal herbal tea
Traditional medicinal herbal tea with laxative properties that relieves short term constipation.
- Medicinal ingredient: Senna (Senna alexandrina, leaves)
- 2.5 g per tea bag
- 12 tea bags
Non-medicinal ingredient: None
Oral dose: Adults: Brew 1 tea bag daily.
Directions: Pour 3 cups (750 ml) of boiling water over a tea bag and let brew for 10 to 30 minutes. Remove the tea bag and drink the tea. Start with small quantities such as ½ cup to 1 cup per day for a few days. After that, adjust dose to 1 to 3 cups per day as needed. If you don’t drink all the tea, keep it in the refrigerator. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products. Allow at least 6 to 12 hours for laxative effect to occur.
Duration of use: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 7 days.
Cautions and warnings:
Consult a health care practitioner:
- if symptoms persist or worsen;
- prior to using this product if you have fecal impaction or symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever;
- prior to using this product if you have a kidney disorder or are taking heart medications such as cardiac glycosides or antiarrhythmic medications;
- prior to using this product if you are taking thiazide diuretics, corticosteroids, licorice root or other medications or health products which may aggravate electrolyte imbalance.
Reduce dose or discontinue use if you experience abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and/or diarrhea.
Contraindications: Do not use if you experience abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, potential or existing intestinal blockage, atonic bowel, appendicitis, inflammatory colon disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, severe dehydration with depleted water or electrolytes, hemorrhoids or diarrhea. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Known adverse reaction: Hypersensitivity has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.