Marine Collagen +
- Maintains healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Unflavoured, free of additive and preservatives
- Bioavailable & highly soluble fish collagen (Canadian source)
- Provides 9g protein per serving (16 amino acids, 7/8 essential amino acids)
Fish Collagen in Nutridom Marine Collagen
1) Low molecular hydrolyzed collagen peptides: Hydrolyzed collagen has a much smaller molecular weight in comparison to native collagen or gelatin, study suggests that more than 90% of hydrolyzed collagen is digested and available as small peptides in the blood stream within one hour.
2) Type I collagen: While bovine collagen (cow) contains collagen of Type I and III, but fish collagen contains only type I collagen, which is the most abundant collagen in the human body. Our skin is comprised of approximately 70-80% type I collagen, and it is usually intended to maintain skin health and fight against visible signs of aging.
3) Derived from the skin of wild, deep-sea ocean fish (cod, haddock and pollock). Manufactured in Canadian facility dedicated to the processing of fish.
4) Kosher and Halal certified fish Collagen used.
Collagen production co-factors in Nutridom Marine Collagen
A number of vitamins and minerals play a crucial role in rebuilding collagen.
1) Vitamin C
Vitamin C is an important cofactor in the formation of collagen. Collagen helix requires vitamin C and the amino acids lysine and proline to form structure.
Silicon is involved in certain key enzymatic activities crucial to normal collagen formation. Silicon also plays an important role in maintaining skin elasticity and hair thickness.
Biotin is a vitamin that improves the body’s infrastructure of keratin, a basic protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails.